Mile High Association of Legal Support Staff
Mile High Association of Legal Support Staff (MHALSS) was established in 1996
affiliate of the Colorado Association of Legal Support Staff (CALSS), a Colorado
non-profit organization. MHALSS
is dedicated to furthering the knowledge of the law and upholding its honor and
dignity, furthering the professional interests of legal support staff,
establishing good fellowship among the members, promoting and encouraging a
spirit of loyalty and cooperation between employer and employee, and promoting a
high standard of ethics among members.
2015-2016 MHALSS Officers
|Vice President -
|State Representative -
|Executive Advisor -
||Janet Price, CP
Membership in MHALSS
In addition to the CALSS publications, MHALSS members receive
Monthly News, a newsletter outlining current Association activities.
offers one-hour seminars in conjunction with monthly business meetings.
The meetings are held the second Monday of each month from 6 to 8 p.m. at
Colorado Acute Long Term Hospital, 1690 Meade St., Denver, CO, [NEW LOCATION BEGINNING JANUARY 2014]
(click here for a map).
Generally, the format consists of a brief business meeting, followed by
dinner at 6:15 and seminar from 7 to 8 p.m. Exceptions are August
(annual meeting for the election of officers; generally no seminar),
December (holiday social; no business meeting and no seminar), and July
(annual membership promotion; no business meeting). The cost to attend
regular monthly meetings is $17.00 for members; $20.00 for non-member guests. (See schedule below for information about
recent and upcoming programs.)
To RSVP for a monthly meeting or to get additional information, please
contact Ginny Schermerhorn at
combined membership dues for MHALSS and CALSS are $65 for active members and $40
for active life members and associate members. Dues are payable each year
on or before September 1.
- October 12, 2015: Janai Holland-Long, "How to deal with
difficult clients and how to keep your current clients happy!"
Some recent programs offered by MHALSS include:
- January 2014: Sheryl Bridges, Esq., Kennedy
Childs, P.C. "Medical Malpractice - What exactly happens"
- February 2014: Motivational Speaker Kevin Rhodes,
- March 2014: Bill Robinson of Connect for Health Colorado
- April 2014: Carol Haller, Colorado Judicial Department
- May 2014: Richard P. Myers, Esq. – Ethics in Mediation
- June 2014: Connie Rossi of Rossi Legal Staffing
- July 2014: Mr.
Scott Beckett from Insigniam
- September 2014: Tips for Making Yourself
Indispensable in Your Attorney's Practice, presented by Reba Nance,
Director of Law Practice Management/Risk Management, Colorado Bar
- October 2014: Final Report on CAPP, presented by Corina
Gerety, Esq, Director of Research, Colorado Access Pilot Program
- November 2014: Accident Reconstruction, presented by
Trooper Daniel Musgrave, Colorado State Patrol
- January 2015: DUI Law in Colorado, presented by Jay Tifickjian, Esq., The DUI Guy
- February 2015: It's Not the 70's Any More Domestic/Juvenile
Law, presented by Karen Steinhauser, Esq.
- March 2015: Update and Q&A on Colorado's Electronic Court
Filing System, presented by Brian Medina, ICCES Analyst
- April 2015: Current Issues Related to Animal Law,
presented by Juliet Piccone, Esq.
- May 2015: Probate and Estate Planning Processes, presented
by Michelle Rose Hughes, Esq. and Dianne Carnes
- July 2015: Honorable Elizabeth Anne Starrs, Colorado Second Judicial
members have participated in various community activities in past years,
Providing intake services at the annual Law on the Mall program coordinated by the Young Lawyers Division of the Denver Bar Association
Assisting with registration and pre-registration for the Colorado Bar Association annual conferences
Participating in local high school career day activities
Participating in the annual vendors' expo hosted by the Association of Legal Administrators (ALA)
Adopting charitable projects throughout the year. In 2010, two successful programs were conducted --
collections for Ansar Pantry and Excelsior Youth Center
to Contact MHALSS:
High Association of Legal Support Staff
P. O. Box 2835
Denver, CO 80201-2835